Welcome to the new permanent home of the blog. Take a look around, leave me some feedback. I’d love to hear what you all think. I’ve finally created a logo and I’m feeling legit now. Starting this off this new year with some key new moves, I’m finally accepting a Liebster Award nomination from the blog Through Her He Speaks. I’ve been nominated a few times before, but being new to blogging and swamped with life, I always flopped on the follow-up. Thank you Ashtyn for this nomination, you can learn more about her and her blog on her “About Me” page.
So, What’s this Liebster Award about?
Pretty much, the Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. (taken from the global aussie website)
How The Liebster Award Works
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display a picture of the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nominations
- Give them 11 questions to answer
What I was asked:
Why did you start blogging?
I’ve always liked the idea of having an online platform to share my thoughts and have a community of people to discuss them with. It officially became time to start this when my Facebook statuses became hella long ranting about one thing or another. I was surprised anyone kept reading them lol. One night at 2 am, walla. First blog post.
What is your favorite color?
I don’t know that I have one anymore. Now, I think about colors I like to wear now more than colors I like to see. I love pastel green and pinks (see: website colors and logo) and a good pastel orange. But other than that, I love a good black white and gold combo. So regal.
If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
TAKE OVER THE WORLD. No, really.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
Fake deep/woke people on social media who think school is a waste of time but don’t do any reading or self-educating outside of it. Clearly, YOU need to be in a classroom for everything. Wanna share Umar Johnson pseudo-science on their wall like it’s law. Read a book.
What is your favorite holiday drink?
To all you millennial Jamaicans who don’t drink sorrel, GWEH. I swear I’m like one of a handful of Caribbeans I know who is in their 20s and enjoys sorrel. Yall disappoint me LOL. Gimme plenty ginger, spike it a lil bit, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. The Lord blesseth.
Favorite genre of music?
Gangsta rap/reggae. Somebody’s temple needs to be sitting next to a cocked .45 in your song or I don’t want it. I love dancehall chunes that make you wine up. But I’d rather hear about the gully side, please and thanks. “Soul Survivor” by Jeezy and Akon is a forever fave. I want to add that I do also love gospel music. I can never include this with other genres when I answer this question
What is your favorite TV show or movie?
Watching The Golden Girls while I type this.
What is something you couldn’t live without?
What would you like to accomplish in the next year? 5 years?
Buy a 2012 Jeep Liberty because it’s my most favorite vehicle ever. 5 years: I wanna say have my Ph.D. because that’s what I’m supposed to say or whatever… but **whispers** I don’t gaf about that anymore. So… let’s say make real adult money for my real adult responsibilities because the electric company doesn’t give a hell about a Ph.D. if I can’t convert it into cash money.
What is your dream job?
Something that does not make my anxiety act the hell up that allows me to pay bills and have a healthy savings account, fund trips to Trinidad/Barbados/Jamaica carnival, and allows me to be ratchet on the side as necessary. So basically, something mystical that I haven’t yet conceptualized. Again, I’m supposed to say “be faculty” but… we’ll just pretend for now.
What do you like to do to relax?
Watch Spongebob. Calms me right on out.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I was born and raised in Brooklyn (from the flossyyy)
- I’m Jamaican as hell
- I’m Introverted AF, I just pretend to be cool on the internet
- I play classical piano
- I love cheese. A LOT.
- Oxtail forever
- Must love margs
- I used to play tennis
- I just took braces off. And I’m 24. lol
- I’m one of the few people left on earth who still relaxes their hair
- I met the lowkey love of my life in a bar. Stop letting people tell you your “good” Christian man is only sitting in the pews.
Bloggers I’m Nominating for the Liebster Award **Drumroll Please**
I’ll also be including my favorite recent post from their blogs for you to check out.
- Kapital Kay-I Am Not Your Queen
- Write to Live – Scandal to Insecure: Black Women Writing It All
- Write Some Shit – Black Women Do Not Exist To Save You
- One Blog, One Day at a Time – The Reality Check
- Black Woman Writes – Why are men so opinionated about the lives of women?
- WE NATURAL GURLZ – Practical Tips to Achieve Your New Years Resolutions
- Ashe Jones, Educateher – Dear Educators… Can We Talk?
- Melanin Within – Garden
- Hoodrat Adjacent – Birth of a Hoodrat
- Majestically Flawed – Casual Faith
- Documented by Debrae – 24
Questions To Answer if you choose to accept the Nomination 🙂
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your 5-year vision for your blog?
- What’s your favorite type of content to write for your blog?
- Are you in school currently?
- Biggest pet peeve?
- Most favorite place you’ve traveled to?
- Favorite book?
- A bad habit that you have?
- Favorite kind of music?
- If you could collaborate with anyone in the world, who would it be?
- Name two things on your bucket list
Congratulations to all the nominees for the Liebster Award. Keep creating great content. For those of you on the list who have just started out or are relaunching, Push through sis!